Matt is admitted to the bars of the States of Florida and New York. Before co-founding Bales & Bales, P.A., Matt began his career as an associate at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP in New York, New York. He has a number of publications to his credit, including “Implications and Effects of the FTC’s Decision to Retain the ‘All Or Virtually All’ Standard” in the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review.
Matt received his Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, Florida, where he was editor of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review and a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity and Order of the Coif. Matt earned a Master of Business Administration in Finance and International Business from the University of Miami School of Business in Coral Gables, Florida. This gives him a unique perspective in the areas of commercial finance and corporate law. Matt received his Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, in business administration and marketing from Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Represented major investment bank in connection with $1.6 Billion loan to exchange fund in connection with exchange fund’s preferred stock issuance.
- Counseled major investment banks as sponsor in connection with issuance of mortgage-backed securities in numerous transactions in the range of $200 Million to $500 Million.
- Represented major commercial bank as administrative agent in connection with numerous syndicated revolving credit facilities provided to motion picture production companies in principal amount ranging from $300 Million to $500 Million.
- Advised private equity funds in connection with securing acquisition financing for purchase of portfolio companies.
- Represented major real estate investment trust in securing acquisition financing in the range of $150 Million to $300 Million in connection with purchase of trust assets.
- Counseled major domestic computer hardware company in connection with cross-border acquisition of certain assets located in Mexico and Brazil.
- Represented numerous owners of commercial real estate in connection with acquisition, financing, refinancing (including transactions involving defeasance of existing loans), development and disposition of real estate assets.
- Represented numerous lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial term loans and revolving credit facilities for asset acquisition and working capital needs in the range of $50 Million to $500 Million.
Licensed in New York and Florida